Chocolate labrador puppies mature into some of the best family pets available. Labradors are famed for being extremely lovable and fun loving. It’s important though that you know what you’re taking on as a labrador can be quite demanding to look after. To learn more about what’s needed for chocolate Labrador puppies, read on.
Chocolate Labrador Puppies Facts
- You need to be clear that chocolate labrador puppies will mature into extremely energetic and active puppies. Two good walks a day are an absolute must and allowing them access to a garden is also important. Labradors sometimes take up to 3 years to become mentally mature so you should expect a very excitable dog until then.
- They do however reach physical maturity much sooner and are quite strong dogs. Early and thorough training therefore becomes very important to make sure they’re well behaved. Fortunately, Labradors are very intelligent and eager to learn which makes training them that much easier. This should be started while they’re young.
- The Labrador breed is known for having great temperaments and they usually get on extremely well with other people and dogs. You still need to pay attention to socialisation from an early age with chocolate Labrador puppies however. Get them used to new people, animals and situations as early as you can. It’s important that they get to meet plenty of young people as they can be quite boisterous during playtime and this needs to be curbed.
- To prevent them becoming obese, labradors need a good diet to go with their exercise schedule. A Labrador will eat anything so you need to ensure their diet is monitored and regulated. You can however use the characteristic to help you with training. Just like every dog, a Labrador needs to be fed the best food that you can afford.
- Labradors need to be take to the vet on a fairly regular basis and they need a healthy diet as arthritis and hip dysplasia in particular can be a problem. Chocolate Labrador puppies in particular have been the victim of poor breeding and may well suffer from this. The problem will be made much worse though by obesity and poor health.